The Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center Inc. (CRC), a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Foundation, Inc., seeks an Administrative and Event Coordinator to assist with the operations of the Tech Center in Newport News, VA. The position reports to the Director of the Tech Center and is located in Newport News, VA.
The Administrative and Event Coordinator will provide superior customer service to the Tech Center community and provide clerical and event support to Tech Center. Responsibilities will include providing pro-active efficient administrative support, assistance with accounts receivables/payables, and tenant relations. The position will effectively manage and coordinate multiple assignments and projects.
In addition, The Administrative and Event Coordinator will facilitate the coordination and implementation of the Tech Center’s signature events. The position will be responsible for providing leadership, development, and supervision to the event planning and tenant relations areas of the Tech Center, ensuring events conform to the highest standards, flow smoothly, and are successful. This includes but is not limited to event planning, financial management, policy interpretations and project coordination. The Coordinator will also develop and maintain relationships with tenants, vendors and the general public to ensure proper execution of signature programs and events. The Coordinator serves in a consulting role to advise other Tech Center offices and departments on special event programming and development. Performs various inspections of Park buildings to ensure an aesthetically pleasing environment with work performed in a quality and timely manner. Serves as liaison between tenants and Tech Center vendors to assure high customer satisfaction and communication. Key to this role is collaborating with several cross-functional teams within the organization to meet objectives, targets and timelines.
• Provides administrative support to the Director of Tech Center and the Administrative Team.
• Proactively manages the calendar and meeting schedule/logistics of the Director of Tech Center.
• Coordinates meetings with perspective and current tenants.
• Timely and professionally prepare and set up for client office meetings.
• Prepares professional correspondence, contracts and other documents upon request.
• Responds to questions, provides assistance and makes routine interpretation of policies and procedures, or directs inquires to appropriate staff.
• Provides administrative support for Board of Directors meetings as directed.
• Back-up with scheduling and confirming conference room, video conference room, and event center reservations.
• Orders office and kitchen supplies for Tech Center administrative office.
• Receives campus/US mail and distributes daily by 2:30 PM.
• Responsible for ensuring the Tech Center administrative office, front desk area, conference rooms and kitchen are clean and organized.
• Monitors the Administrative Storage Area.
• Ensure administrative computer systems are up-to-date and accurate.
• Other clerical/administrative support duties as assigned.
Event/Conference Management: Develops, coordinates and executes events to ensure success, achievement of event purpose and goals, and compliance with Special Events standard operating procedures. Detailed responsibilities include:
• Pre-event and onsite communication with key participants and suppliers.
• Establishes staff schedules, task assignments and equipment allocation to ensure conformance with Tech Center objectives and goals.
• Represents and delivers service excellence that is in keeping with the Tech Center brand.
• Provides superior customer service to Tech Center community.
• Serves as the main point of contact for the front desk.
• Determines fiscal requirements and effectively prepares and manages event budgets.
• Oversees, directs and coordinates the activities of personnel, subcontractors and vendors, and transportation/hotel needs as required to successfully execute all aspects of events.
• Works closely with internal and external sources to define event goals, objectives and specific implementation plans.
• Provides event details and effective communications to management team in a timely manner for promotion of events.
• Develops and executes all necessary follow-up with suppliers, sponsors, internal/external groups and presenters.
• Provides post-event analysis, budget recaps and participant feedback and incorporates learning into future plans.
• Develops event reports and distributes as required.
• Develops and maintains database of RSVP’s, speakers, and special guests.
• Maintains a calendar of events and implements a system that enables and anticipates long-term planning and effective event management for meetings, conferences and events.
• Other administrative support duties as assigned.
• Provides support in lease copying, filing, and mailing of documents.
• Provides support with tenant interior signage installation.
• Provides support to related to janitorial contract management (binder updates).
• Maintains vendor contracts and filing.
• Coordinates building plant program with outside vendor.
• Assists with maintenance of Tech Center master contact lists.
• Responsible for ensuring key check out system is managed effectively and performs weekly reconciliation.
• Performs inspections of Tech Center mailrooms and stairwells a monthly basis.
• Mail Delivery and Pick-up (Tech Center Runner Mail).
• Prepares monthly property management statement for private tenants.
• Other property management support duties as assigned.
• Acts as liaison between tenants and janitorial vendors to assure high customer satisfaction and communication.
• Performs inspections of CRC conference rooms on a monthly basis to ensure adequate equipment is available.
• Tours Tech Center buildings to ensure an aesthetically pleasing environment with work performed in a quality, and timely manner.
• Regularly tours with janitorial vendors to ensure cleaning is being performed in accordance with the contract agreement.
• Coordinates recycling/dumpster activities for entire research park.
• Other property management duties as assigned.
• Services as back-up related to deposit preparation.
• Services as back-up related to RFP preparation.
• Other accounting duties as assigned.
College degree or equivalent level training/experience in related field. Experience working with vendors and arranging for contracted services. Experience providing executive level administrative and programmatic support. Excellent organizational, planning, communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively and professionally with diverse clientele including key company, university, and government leaders. Must have a strong "can do" attitude, be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and always be willing to contribute in order to ensure program, service, and event success. Must be very detail-oriented. Computer knowledge/skills that includes proficiency in Microsoft suite of products, specifically MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Must also have the ability to bend, push or pull, ability to stand for long periods of time, and the ability to safely lift 50 lbs. or more as needed. Flexibility to work evening hours and weekends may be required on occasion.
Commensurate with Experience