The Virginia Tech Foundation, Inc. was established in 1948 to receive, manage, and disburse private gifts in support of Virginia Tech. The Foundation manages $1.7 billion of assets on behalf of Virginia Tech. Virginia Tech was founded in 1872 and offers 275 programs to over 33,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence.
Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center Inc. (VTCRC), a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Foundation, Inc., seeks a Facilities & Operations Coordinator responsible for providing support to the day-to-day operations of the CRC by assisting with building maintenance, operations, inspections, grounds maintenance, and janitorial.
• 3+ years of successful facilities coordination
• The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently as well as a member of a team with the focus on providing excellent customer service.
• Experience in scheduling, field supervision, quality control, and assists with building preventative maintenance under direction of the Building Trades and Ground Manager; experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
• A self-starting, highly motivated and goal oriented individual
• Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
• Ability to read and understand a variety of technical documents such as blueprints, technical drawings, sketches, specification records, and operations and maintenance manuals
• Excellent customer service and communications skills
• Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have a driver’s license and background check
Education, Licensure, Certification required for entry into position:
• A 2-year technical degree in related field and/or equivalent experience. Certifications in OSHA and project management preferred
Commensurate with Experience