FY 2012 Year End Schedule
The year-end closing dates for deposits, disbursements, establishing new funds, and corrections to foundation funds are listed below. Documents which are received after the dates listed will be processed in 12-13 fiscal year.
- Last day to submit disbursement vouchers and requests for payment, which are to be charged to FY 11-12 funds.
- Last day to submit requests to establish new funds in FY 11-12
- Last day to submit corrections (journal entries) and requests for fund transfer for FY 11-12.
- Last day to submit other income deposits to be credited to VTF funds in FY 11-12.
- Last day to submit to University Development, 'Gift in Kind' forms and deposits, which are to be credited to VTF funds in FY 11-12.
- FY 13 open in Banner and balances from FY 12 will be rolled forward by this date.
- FY 12 balances will be continually updated as transactions are posted to FY 12 during the month of July.
- Target date for final close of FY 11-12. Final FY 12 reports should be run after the final close to ensure funds are reconciled to the true ending balance. A notice will be posted to our web page when FY 12 is closed.
To avoid delays in processing, please forward paperwork daily. We would appreciate receiving your requests as soon as possible to better manage our year end workloads. Prior to forwarding documents to VTF please make certain that funds are available to cover disbursements, supporting documentation is attached, and appropriate signatures are secured on all transactions.
We appreciate your cooperation, and should you have any questions please call VTF Accounting at 231-2858.
Web Report Enhancements
Enhancements have been made to the 'VTF Fund Cash Balance Summary' and 'VTF Operating Ledger Transactions' reports to allow the user to input one or more program codes as parameters. This will enable, for example, reports be run for only scholarship funds (program codes 10400 and 10401).
Reminder: New Request for Payment Form
The old RFP form was discontinued as of May 1 please use the new RFP form (found here) when submitting payment requests. If a request is sent on an old form, it will be returned to be completed on the new RFP form.
Also note that RFP forms should be submitted to the VTF accounting office at mail code 0354.
New Other Income Deposit Form
In an effort to enhance internal controls, a new "Other Income Deposit" form is now available for use here. The old form will be discontinued on June 1, 2012.
Activity Codes on VTF Forms
For those departments that are utilizing activity codes, a space to provide this information has been added to the "Other Income Deposit" form.
- Procedure for Payment Requests updated on 5/23/2012
Information added for gift card/certificates. Full policy available in the procedures section of our website.